Stephen Kinnock MP is looking to employ an Administrative Officer for his busy constituency office in Aberavon.
Further details below.
Closing date: 25 October 2017
Working for: Stephen Kinnock MP
Location: Constituency Office, Aberavon
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (Part Time – 20 hours)
The role will include:
• Assisting with arrangements for events (non-political)
• Diary management
• Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
Desirable skills & experience
• Be well organized, have the ability to work to tight deadlines, manage competing priorities and have an eye for detail;
• Experience of diary management
• Sound knowledge of local community
• Good communication and people skills and confident when interacting with people;
• Ability to work as part of a team;
• Competent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office;
• Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and politically aware.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office -http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/members-staff-security-verification-questionnaire/
Interview / Start Date: Week commencing 6 November /As soon as mutually convenient.
How To Apply: Please send a CV and a covering letter indicating how you meet the experience and skills detailed in job description and person specification to Cari Morgans at email@example.com