Stephen Kinnock MP is looking to employ an Administrative Officer for his busy Westminster office, on a permanent part-time contract for 22 hours a week (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday).
More details below
Closing date: 14 July 2018 (applications close at 11.59pm on 14 July. Any applications received after this time will not be considered)
Working for: Stephen Kinnock MP
Location: Westminster Office, London
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (pro rata 22hrs)
The role will include:
- Diary management
- Assisting with arrangements for events (non-political)
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates, etc.
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, parliamentary questions and parliamentary debates.
- Occasional assistance with speech and article writing
Desirable skills & experience:
- Previous experience of a Parliamentary or constituency office
- Be well organized, have the ability to work to tight deadlines, manage competing priorities and have an eye for detail;
- Good communication and people skills and confident when interacting with people;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Competent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office;
- Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and politically aware.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office - http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/members-staff-security-verification-questionnaire/
Interview / Start Date: 23 July 2018 / As soon as possible
How To Apply: Please send a CV and a covering letter indicating how you meet the experience and skills detailed in job description and person specification to Cari Morgans at email@example.com