Stephen Kinnock MP is looking to employ an intern for his busy Parliamentary Office, on a fixed term 6 month contract.
More information below.
Closing date: 25 October 2017
Working for: Stephen Kinnock MP
Location: Parliamentary office, London
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales (Part Time – 20 hours, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Fixed term 6 month contract, with the option to extend)
The role will include:
- Assisting on projects
- Assisting with arrangements for events (non-political)
- Assisting with diary management
- Learning how to analyse, evaluate and interpret data
- Learning/assisting in appropriate research
- Be well organized, have the ability to work to tight deadlines, manage competing priorities and have an eye for detail;
- Good communication and people skills and confident when interacting with people;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Competent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office;
- Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and politically aware.
Desirable skills & experience
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office - http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/members-staff-security-verification-questionnaire/
Interview / Start Date: week commencing 30 October 2017 /As soon as mutually convenient.
How To Apply: Please send a CV and a covering letter indicating how you meet the experience and skills detailed in job description and person specification to Cari Morgans at firstname.lastname@example.org