Stephen is looking to employ a caseworker for his busy Aberavon constituency office, for 20 hours a week.
Closing date: 26 January 2020
Working for: Stephen Kinnock MP
Location: Constituency office, Aberavon
Salary: £19,641 (pro rata 20 hrs)
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about casework and supporting constituents on a range of issues directly affecting them, such as benefits, housing and immigration.
The Caseworker will join a well-established team and work alongside another Caseworker.
The Caseworker will provide advice and support to Stephen’s constituents on a range of issues, including welfare and immigration amongst others, and help to resolve problems through communication with government agencies, local authorities, the voluntary sector and other organisations.
The role will include:
- Attend surgeries and other meetings as appropriate;
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public;
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases;
- Log all cases, monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken;
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with GDPR;
- Draft responses to constituents.
Desirable skills & experience
- Previous experience of a constituency office is desirable;
- Be well organized, have the ability to work to tight deadlines, manage competing priorities and have an eye for detail;
- Good communication and people skills and confident when interacting with people;
- Ability to manage expectations of constituents in sometimes challenging circumstances;
- Ability to draft letters and emails to a high professional standard;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Competent IT knowledge including Microsoft Office;
- Sympathetic to the aims and objectives of the Labour Party and politically aware.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office – http://www.w4mp.org/jobs-listings-events/jobs/members-staff-security-verification-questionnaire/
Interview / Start Date: Week commencing 3 February / As soon as possible by mutual agreement.
How To Apply: Please send a CV and a covering letter indicating how you meet the experience and skills detailed in job description and person specification to Cari Morgans at firstname.lastname@example.org